Western Union International Bank J15045
FX Research Analyst (m/f)
The Opportunity: Are you energised by developing market research to illustrate trends in the financial markets? Want to work for one of the leading business payments and FX business in the world?
We’re seeking a FX Research Analyst (m/f), based in our Vienna, Austria office. In this role, you will be in charge of researching, analyzing and writing market notes (customer publications) on past and future events that affect the FX Market. You will interact directly with and present to customers during meetings or events and turn voice-of-customer understanding and market trends based on data and research into actionable insights. Your role will be crucial in the sales process supporting the business solutions customer value proposition, and the business objectives in the DACH (Germany, Austria, and Switzerland) region.
You will also act as the subject matter expert on currency that will strengthen the Western Union Business Solutions brand as FX experts in the DACH through media communications.
Sound interesting? Here are some specifics:
- Using tools such as Reuters and Bloomberg, perform market research and analysis, turning this into actionable insights and story boards
- Produce PowerPoint presentations, reports in graphical format using excel, and present to stakeholders both internally and externally
- Engage actively with customer-facing go-to-market (sales), regularly presenting outcomes and FX updates
- Work to very strict demanding timeframes turning around analytically-driven stories and reports
- Develop 100% customer-ready content by yourself
- Drive content development and campaigns that will help businesses demystify global markets and make easier FX decisions
What you will need to succeed:
- You will have a proven track record in developing and presenting FX (or related) content
- Proven ability to convert complex analyses and concepts to customer-language for various levels of audiences
- Solid experience in Foreign Exchange, Banking or payments industry
- Proven ability to influence senior stakeholders in business (e.g. CFO, Treasurers)
- Experience with using analytical tools – Reuters, Bloomberg, Excel
- Flexibility with regards to working hours
- Mother tongue equivalent German and fluent English language skills
What will make you stand out:
- Degree in Economics or Finance, or related subject
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Proven track record within marketing would be advantageous
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive global pay, benefits and mobility
- Unparalleled experience, working for a market leader in FX payment solutions
- The chance to share your ideas, build FX content, and contribute to the development of products
- The chance to engage with external audiences such as journalists
- Diverse, global team with colleagues in over 50 countries
What it’s like here:
The Payments Business Unit of Western Union is one of the world's leading providers of international business payments and foreign exchange. With access to over 130 currencies, we enable companies of all sizes as they move money across borders via a financial network that spans over 200 countries and territories. We’re disrupting fintech with our groundbreaking digital B2B platform, WU EDGE, which helps companies spend less time handling international payments and worrying about foreign exchange exposure, and more time growing their businesses. And we’re just getting started!
Being on the Western Union team means being tenacious and goal-oriented. It means taking risks and quickly finding the path to success. It means having integrity, and finding ways to make things work. It means thriving as part of a diverse, global team of over 10,000 people who are committed to moving money for better. It means being driven to win, and to do work that makes a difference… on a global stage. Sound like you? Apply now!
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and success. Achieving our common vision depends on people with diverse backgrounds working together on teams. Who knows, your unique point of view could be the key to our next groundbreaking idea. We’d love to explore that possibility!
The minimum salary is € 44,156.-- (gross) per year for this position.
Online in the box on the right
ZBP will collect all applications and carry out a preselection on behalf of the company.
Your contact at WU ZBP Career Center